Monday, April 13, 2009

Recipes

Here is the recipe for the protein bars (you can make one batch and cut them into 2"x2" bars. They don't taste like a candy bar but they are a great snack substitute with a tiny hint of chocolate to give ya a smile :)

Ingredients:

6 eggs (egg whites only are better)
2 cups oatmeal
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups unsweetened applesauce
4 scoops protein powder (chocolate flavor if you have it)
1 tsp olive oil
4 tbs peanut butter (or as much or little as you want/like)
1/2 package Carob Chips (look like chocolate chips) or 1/2 package of peanut butter chips (I use dark chocolate chips)

Steps:

Preheat oven to 325
Mix all ingredients together in the order listed above
spray 9x13 baking dish with non stick spray (very important!)
back for 23 minutes

After they cool, cut and refrigerate!

ENJOY! :)


I also answered a few questions in the previous blog comments if you want to check it out :) I have lived this life for forever (cuz my parents are health/work out freaks- so I know all the answers, I just got lazy and let myself go, so it's nice to know how to put all this into good use :)


I always eat a protein bar before we work out, gives me a little boost and doesn't make me feel dizzy or full when we're working out :)


Tomorrow is weigh in #2 after our group workout session. I'm nervous and excited. I'll reveal the results tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

Leeper's said...

Those sound amazing!

Anonymous said...

I'm making them today- and i got some random vanilla protein powder from trader joes... i'm going to get the one you reccomend though... Will is so turned off to the whold idea of "protein drinks" and "protein powder". Hah! I'm going to have to slip it into his things... he's a goof ball!

Amber Hann said...

haha so was jeremiah until he tasted the protein shakes my mom made and he was like "oh my gosh this is good!" It is easier and less fatty than making your own meat so i love it) :) Good job Lo! Lemme know if you have any questions- you know my dad "haha my ankle will be cured now since I cut out all the junk food- HAHAHAH" love you